- A foreign citizen, a Mauritian citizen, a company or a trust wishing to buy an IHS in Mauritius must submit an application to the Board of Investment
- Each application including non-refundable registration fees amounting Rs 10 000 payable through the IHS promoter and by check addressed to the Board of Investment director
- An application is judge receivable and ready to be treated by the Board of Investment after the later received all the information, modalities and documents and as soon as they are considered complete by the BOI.
In the case of an acquisition by a foreign citizen, the following documents are compulsory:
- Authentic copies of the 5 first pages of his/her passport
- Authentic birth certificate
- Morality certificate not older than three months
- A letter from the bank certifying the buyer’s KYC (Know Your Client) exercise.
Sale and lease-back
After the acquisition of a unit, the owner must conclude a deal allowing the IHS promoter to rent the property.
Use of the hotel room
The units rented by the IHS promoter may be used and occupied by the owner or any other person authorized by the later for a period not exceeding 45 days on a period of 12 months
Hotel operators and management
The companies operating under the IHS scheme must retain the services of a hotel operator with competences acceptable by the Board of Investment. An IHS must hold a licence from the Tourism Authority to operate.
The reselling or the transfer of a unit or any other part of a hotel
- The owner of an IHS property is authorized to re-sell his property without a minimum pricing.
- In the case where the owner of an IHS property wishes to sell or transfer his property, he is to serve a written notice the General Director, at least 30 days before the sale. A copy of the advice will have to be addressed to the IHS Company and to the trustee.
- The sale or the transfer of the property will have to be effectuate to:
- A Mauritian Citizen
- A foreign Citizen
- A company incorporated in Mauritius
- A company registered as foreign company under the Companies Act 2001
- A company (partnership) registered with the Registrar of Companies
- A trust administrated a trustee detaining a license delivered by the Financial Service Commission
- The person acquiring the property will have to submit an application according to the following conditions : The application will have to be accompanied by an account opening certification through which shall transmit the IHS unit’s payment as well as the check representing the non refundable registration fees amounting Rs 10 000 issued to the Board of Investment.