How to proceed with the acquisition of a RES?
- A non-citizen, citizen, société or trust wishing to acquire property under the scheme shall make an application to the Board of Investment using the property acquisition and management system.
- Every application for the acquisition of property under the RES together with such information, particulars and documents as specified in this guideline and a non-refundable processing fee of 10 000 rupees must be made through the RES Company and addressed to the Managing Director of the Board of Investment.
- The non-refundable processing fee of 10 000 rupees must be paid through cheque by the RES Company and drawn to the order of the Board of Investment. (The RES Company may pay in advance a sum for a batch of applications)
- An application shall be considered as ready for processing by the Board of Investment at the date by which all the information, particulars and documents have been duly submitted.
In case of a non-citizen, the following documents must be submitted to the BOI:
- Duly authenticated copy of first 5 pages of passport
- Letter from a local bank or Public Notary certifying the KYC exercise for the client
To apply for a Mauritian Residence Permit, the following documents must be submitted to the BOI:
- Dully filled in "application to enter Mauritius" form for a residence permit
- First 5 pages of each dependent’s passport
- Medical certificate to the effect that the applicant is free from any contagious diseases (should have a validity of at least six months
- Morality certificate (should have a validity of at least three months)
- If applicant is accompanied by the dependents (his spouse or common law partner, his child, stepchild, lawfully adopted child, under the age of 24 years, or above the age of 24 years and who is pursuing full-time education, or a wholly dependant next-of-kin, documentary evidence of relationship, i.e. birth and marriage certificate, copy of the first 5 pages of each dependent’s passport, medical certificate of each dependent and morality certificate of spouse.