The Property Development Scheme (PDS) allows the development of a mix of residences and the programme is designed to facilitate the acquisition of residential property by non-citizens in Mauritius. The PDS is basically an integrated project with social dimensions for the benefit of the neighbouring community and allows for the development and sale of high standing residential units mainly to foreigners.
At least 25% of the residential properties developed under PDS must be sold to Mauritians and member of the Mauritian Diaspora.
The Property Development Scheme provides for the following:
- development of luxurious residential units on freehold land of an extent of at least 0.4220 hectare (1 arpent) but not exceeding 21.105 hectares (50 arpents).
- high quality public spaces that helps promote social interaction and a sense of community
- high-class leisure, commercial amenities and facilities intended to enhance the residential units.
- day-to-day management services to residents including security, maintenance, gardening, solid waste disposal and household services.
- social contribution in terms of social amenities, community development and other facilities for the benefit of the community.