Board of Investment, which was established in March, 2001 under the law "Investment Promotion Act 2000", will be your first point of contact for investing in Mauritius. Working under the aegis of the Ministry of Finance, the aim of the BOI is to facilitate investment.
Staff working at the BOI, all graduates from universities, have a detailed knowledge of the country’s different economic sectors and are very well placed to guide you in your choice of investment.
The BOI’s head office is located in Mauritius. However, there are also satellite offices in Paris and Mumbai, as well as the various Mauritian consulates and embassies worldwide and which you can refer to in your country of residence.
- The following services are provided free of charge by the BOI:
- Advice on the potentialities of investing in Mauritius;
- Specific advice by sector of activity and any other made to measure information specific to starting up your company in Mauritius;
- Organization of meetings and visits on site;
- Identification of potential partners for "joint-venture" projects;
- Advice on the choice of your equipment and the location of your company;
- Assistance with work permit, residence permit and other formalities. A special department "Live and work in Mauritius" has been set up to simplify and accelerate the necessary steps you will need to take.
To find out about the procedures for dealing with Board of Investment Click here